Advantages Of Being Tall (Height)
Unlike other stupid articles discussing the advantages of being tall, like being able to reach high places, taking longer strides and other retarded crap I am going to give you 1st hand experience of why being tall is a huge advantage in all areas of your life.
Believe me if you are tall, you better start looking at it as your greatest blessing, because as I am about to show you, it is….
I previously wrote an article on the advantages of being tall called extreme height – advantage or not in this I discuss my personal struggles and experience as a youth and my change of viewpoint on my height.
This article is still valid and worth a read.our height to blame
But in this article on the advantages of being tall I am going to go into more detail on the benefits as I have seen and as studies have proved.
The top 10 advantages of being tall
- Opposite sex (or even same sex): everyone likes a tall partner, tall girls often don’t believe this but just look at the super models and how many guys drool over them. If you feel unattractive it is not your height but your presentation and/or physical fitness. As a very, very tall man I have had great success with women, you’ll find that very tall and very short women are most attracted to a tall man. And yes gay men love tall men too.
- Career Mobility: Since you are more noticable any achievements that you make will stand out more, so achieve more and you’ll definitely be noticed. Tall men make up a disproportionately large percentage of company CEO’s and on average a tall man makes more money.
- Have higher IQ’s: Statistically speaking tall people on average score better than average in IQ tests. I know I do and am a member of MENSA to prove it.
- Sports Prowess: Nearly every sport in the world gives an advantage to tall players, not just friggin basketball to all the dumbies whose limited brain capacity can only revert to that one sport. In golf you’ll hit further, in tennis you’ll have a better range of angles to hit, swimming and running you’ll get longer strokes/strides, football is obvious, volleyball, cricket (both batting and bowling), baseball, track and field (pretty much any type), combat sports, the list goes on.
- More Memorable: Socialising more people will remember you, both in your private life and in business. There have been multiple times I have made a follow up telephone call after a business meeting and the person did not remember my name, as soon as I said “the really tall guy” they remember instantly. Socially many more people remember me than I remember – you litterally stand out above the crowd so work on your personality to best utilise this advantage of being tall.
- Physical Presence: Being taller you are more intimidating to the average person. Even in non-conflict situations this is of benefit, for example in ques people are less likely to push in, less likely to screw you around, less likely to throw their weight around to get their way. For me often a discouraging look shot their way stops their anti-social behaviour pretty quick. Some individuals will seek you out for conflict for various personal reasons related to their own low self esteem – ignore these types as much as possible their lives are terrible nasty experiences of their own making anyway.
- Meeting People: Being tall people will just come up and start talking with you, often about your height as an ‘ice breaker’ but you can quickly move the conversation on from there, the fact that that person has taken the initiative to come up and start a conversation with a total stranger (you) is a great starting position for you to make a new friend or practise your conversation skills.
- Clothes: Often touted as the main disadvantage of being tall, mass produced clothes don’t fit or fit poorly. Guess what? Good quality clothing fits well, I had a nice Versace shirt that I had for about 5 years then took to the tailors to copy as best they could when it wore out. And there is the other advantage, tailored clothing is not as expensive as many people think. It is better fitting, more durable, and better quality so it’ll last longer. Believe me you are better off having a smaller wardrobe of good clothes over a large wardrobe of cheap chinese cloth that everyone else is wearing.
- Aeroplane Seating: Unless you fly with a complete c*** ass company like Qantas when you book your flight inform them that you want an “exit row isle seat” and inform them of your height, again get to check-in early and reiterate your request for the “exit row isle seat”. This seat has no seats in front of it so you have more leg room than first class, plus in an emergency you’ll be first out the door, plus you sit facing the cabin crew which is an ideal time to socialise with them, make friends and get extra service (like additional food). Remember don’t fly with Qantas, in all my flying they are honestly the worst company I have EVER had the displeasure to fly with.
- Your Own Benefit Here: Whatever your chosen career or goals in life you can benefit from your height, sit down and think about it and work on it. I was Australian Professional Wrestling Champion due to my height (and muscularity that I developed to maximise my height advantages), similarly my acting career would have been a LOT different if I did not have my height. Everything you want to do you will have a massive advantage from being tall.