The soul is beyond the body and hence from this perspective, it is immaterial how tall or short a person is. The true height of a person is his or her character and deeds. Height does vary from person to person as per his or her genetics, climate and other conditions. Thus blanket comparison of height with others is not a right approach. Instead the correct approach should be to keep as healthy as possible to gain complete growth of body.
Height Gain Tips
Tip 1: Mind Power
Here are specific suggestions on mind programming for height gain:
- Refuse to accept that you are born unhealthy and short. Visualize yourself as having the most perfect health and live every moment in that vision.
- Stop compromising on matters of quality. Keep demanding as much as you can think of, from yourself.
- Imagine that your height is increasing every moment with every movement of yours.
- Stop traits of anger, helplessness and dejection.
Tip 2: Food
Simply stop junk, fried, spicy and oily food. Our body is made out of food we eat. We grow from a baby of few inches to a full-grown adult only through food we eat. Food is the raw material used to build our building that we call body.
Following are certain recommendations:
- Eating at least two hours before sleep
- Having a light dinner
- Regular consumption of sprouts
- Having regular eating schedule and avoiding habit of munching every now and then
- Avoiding consumption of tea, coffee, cold-drinks, ice-cream, chocolates etc
- Regular use of trifala powder in night or early morning
- Eating lots of fresh fruits
- Drinking lots of water
- Walking for 10-15 minutes after meals
- Eating soaked almonds in morning. The gulbandi variety is best.
- Eating in sukhasan. This posture is a wonderful gift of our ancient seers.
Tip 3: Exercise
Human body is built to work hard and live actively. More we avoid physical labor, more we become prone to underdevelopment, faster ageing and ailments. Make a habit of doing rigorous workouts at least thrice a week and normal exercises in rest of the days.
My routine in those days was as follows:
- Waking up by 5 am and having a variety of workouts till 8 am. These included mix and match of following:
- Running and jogging
- Flexibility and stretching
- Martial Arts practice
- Asans and Pranayams
- In evening I used to go for Taekwondo exercises thrice a week. The practice of high kicks is extremely beneficial
- On Sundays, we used to go to play cricket
Tip 4: Miscellaneous
- Sleep well. More you work out, more the rest required by your body. Especially for growth, you should ensure that you do not deprive your body from much needed rest.
- Sleep early. Work so hard in the day that you tend to fall asleep by 10 pm. Wake up by 5 or 6 depending upon your comfort. I prefer varying the waking time as per my body needs. Avoid late night sittings.
- Keep spine straight
- While standing, try to stretch your entire body up. At times come on your toes for a full stretch. You can even raise your hands for a fuller stretch. In more formal occasions, you can stand normally and yet try stretching your entire body without raising your toes. Keep doing it every now and then. If you are in a bus, try if you can stretch up without coming on toes and touch the ceiling with head.
- Do not settle in one static position for long. Keep moving and changing postures. Remain active and give body a small workout every moment.
Tip 5: Brahmachraya (Control of mind)
To develop this mastery and realize what the real fun of life is, following is advised. More you practice, more you gain:
- Stop putting your mind in all form of sensory inputs that tend to promote lustful thought patterns – romantic/vulgar songs, movies, literature, company. These generate hormones which speed up the ageing process and stunt complete natural growth.
- Stop watching the idiot box. Apart from dumbing the mind, it makes your breath shallow and hence causes stunted growth.
- Similarly avoid video games, ipods and other mind-dumbing tools.
- Stop digging too much into stale newspaper. Use it only for keeping you updated. Filling your mind with depressing stories of past, the first thing in morning, is the worst treatment you can give to yourself who is naturally programmed to be always forward looking.
- Prepare actionable plans. Avoid discussions and analyses which have no relevance to practical application and are merely time-wasters.
- Needless to say, avoid all acts which lead to loss of vital energy and semen.